Remember when Corner Canyon caught on fire. Well it was closer than I thought. Isn't it amazing what a fire can do? The mountain was actually still pretty in a different way, fascinating really. The trail continued just the same as before but looked like a bone carving through dirt, it reminded me of the Shadow Lands on The Lion King. So dark and lonely. I half expected to see tumbleweed blowing and a skull of a bull lying near the path. Weird.Thursday, November 13, 2008
Fire
Tim and I went hiking along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail off of Wasatch Boulevard in September (yes, it is now November) The leaves were just starting to change colors. I love that time of year, it is so pretty. We live by the mountains now so we have a great view. So anyway, I took the picture of a section of mountain that was so brightly colored, and then walking just around the bend it turned into......
Remember when Corner Canyon caught on fire. Well it was closer than I thought. Isn't it amazing what a fire can do? The mountain was actually still pretty in a different way, fascinating really. The trail continued just the same as before but looked like a bone carving through dirt, it reminded me of the Shadow Lands on The Lion King. So dark and lonely. I half expected to see tumbleweed blowing and a skull of a bull lying near the path. Weird.
Remember when Corner Canyon caught on fire. Well it was closer than I thought. Isn't it amazing what a fire can do? The mountain was actually still pretty in a different way, fascinating really. The trail continued just the same as before but looked like a bone carving through dirt, it reminded me of the Shadow Lands on The Lion King. So dark and lonely. I half expected to see tumbleweed blowing and a skull of a bull lying near the path. Weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Kara! Long time no see! I miss you and Leslie and the YW girlies! I love the e-mails I get from you every once in awhile, it's nice to keep in touch. Tell Leslie hi for me will you? And of course, most importantly...very cute blog.
:)
Post a Comment